Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Jupiter and a wedge of moon

Nastyness

Jupiter1-2.jpg

IMG_0945-4.jpg

Taken using Sky-Watcher Explorer 150PL and Canon EOS550D...

Bit ropey, but onwards and upwards. Focus seems to be my main issue...the focuser on the 150PL doesn't allow for extra fine adjustments without a huge amount of wobble, partially due to the inadequate EQ3-2 tripod the OTA was supplied with... :)

hi, they are certainly better than my first attempts.

i am just starting out to try to shoot with my Canon D60 and 200 dob, can you tell me please what wee your camera settings for the jupiter shots ? i just dont seem to get anything other than a torch :(

good luck on the next shots

hi, they are certainly better than my first attempts.

i am just starting out to try to shoot with my Canon D60 and 200 dob, can you tell me please what wee your camera settings for the jupiter shots ? i just dont seem to get anything other than a torch :(

good luck on the next shots

I'm still learning...and there's a lot to learn! :o

That pic was taken at ISO800 for 1/250 sec. I think a slightly faster shutter speed would actually have given a better result, though. I've just been playing around with my camera settings in manual mode, until it looks right!

I've also just bought the Sky-Watcher Auto-Focuser and I can't recommend it highly enough! Solved my focus issues, which was my major issue.

Archived