Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick n dirty M42, DSLR

rfdesigner

This is a long slow process.

First image with the new setup that's worth putting up at all.

40x 30seconds with the 30D at prime on the 12"

Processing was 100% IRIS.

Known issues:

1. The Darks failed, probably due to shift in temperature between imaging and taking the darks. Hence the stripes in the image.

2. No coma corrector.

3. PEC not up to scratch, it's due a rewrite, but that's not going to happen today.

4. Lost about 2/3rd of the images to focussing issue that crept in... the 30D doesn't have live view.

5. limited to 30second images until I get the DSLR remote.

6. Image needs a gradient removal, but I haven't figured out how to get IRIS to get it right so far.

Anyway

I'm happy to have got this far

Derek

M42_20minutes.jpg

Lots of good detail in there and when you get the darks sorted out it should come along nicely. I like seeing the progress others are making its some what comforting to see progress rather then final finished results. The more I come on here and look at the stuff being produced the more I feel like robbing a bank so wish I could afford a good ccd camera and a better mount but you have to make the best of what you have got I guess. hope you get some nice clear skies again.

Archived