hello guys really need sum help

hello

guys im new to this a i just buyed a relfector telescope f70076

i got 1.5 erecting eyepiece 2xbarlow sr4mm h12.5mm h20mm i set it up as it says the the book and tryed on a number of times to look at the moon i can see it thou the finder scope but it say to use the 20mm and i cant see anything :p i tryed it with the other lens and im just confused about this any help would but much appreciated

thank you

Assuming you've removed the tube cap (I'm sure everyone here has forgotten to do so at least once!), it is probable the finder is not aligned with the main scope. In the day, focus the main scope on a distant object like a tree, pylon, or tall building - make sure it's well away from the sun. Lock the main scope so it doesn't move, then adjust the finder to show the same object.

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest the same as the book and use the lowest magnification eyepiece, the 20mm, to start with.

Have you made sure that the finder scope is pointing in exactly the same place as the main scope is ?. Straight out of the box the finder will need some careful adjustment (preferably on a distant object, in daylight) to achieve this.

If both the scope and the finder are pointing at precisely the same place then you should at least see something through the 20mm eyepiece in the scope - you will need to adjust the focus knobs slowly to get it sharp though. If focusing in one direction does not work then reverse the direction you turn the knobs.

I won't be cheeky and ask if you have left the cap on the scope !

Edit: 3 replies in 3 minutes - thats service !

Put the 20mm eyepiece in and try with that alone, not sure if you have or will need anything to extend the eyepiece out from the focuser is one thought.

If they have supplied a barlow and an erecting prism I get the idea that the intention is that one has to be fitted.

Try it during daylight and aim at something distant, big and 1 to 2 miles away, with just the 20mm eyepiece.

The 4mm eyepiece is really of no use, it will give 175x magnification and that is too much for the scope. The 12.5 may be useful. Suspect that the barlow is poor quality and so not much use, try it with the 20mm to find out. I would run away from the erecting prism one.

If you can focus it during the day on something distant then set the finder to look at the same thing.

Archived