NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

at last, ed80 apo first light

tony

well just a short first light as it started to rain.

at last, finally got polar aligned, and 3-star alignment spot on, well just a minor adjustment to bring to the centre of my fov.

lovely clear skies in the latter part of the afternoon so got everything out ready, tripod all nice and level, mount balanced, everything went well, much better than the other day:mad:

first stop had to be jupiter, always a great sight through any scope, the bands and all 4 moons really clear, as it was about to disappear behind the roofline of my house it was time to move on so decided to use the tour on the handset, cant remember how many different ones i looked at but stopped on m31, just a little smudge in the eyepiece so i went in to get the 10mm and barlow out and it had clouded over, not to worry i thought, i'll pop them in and wait for the cloud to clear, as i got the goto it'll still be there, about 15 mins of waiting then it starts to rain :p so my firstlight very short lived.

back to work on tuesday so thats it till the weekend for me.

Archived