Help with webcam please. (Philips Astro Cam)

When I got my nexstar 127 slt I also bought an Astro Cam...see the link Philips Astro Cam - A geat way to get into Astro Imaging

Ok Telescope set up no problems whatsoever and had some great viewings so far. Now I'd like to play with the webcam however it doesn't seem to be working or perhaps its just my incompetence....When attached to telescope the laptop screen is just a bright light....Do I have to fiddle with contrast, brightness etc...should it go in the Barlow? Will any webcam capture software work or do I need specifics.....Sorry for appearing totally thick, all help appreciated as I cant seem to suss it out on my jack jones.

Thanks kindly:icon_salut:

Wayne....Thank you, your a gent...Input greatly appreciated

Parus Major......no probs changing from built in webcam to the astro cam...Just cant do a dam thing with it as its just a bright light, as in very high contrast and brightness!!

Archived