NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astronomia in Dorking

Gonzo

This morning I went down to Dorking to see what Astronomia had to offer.

First impressions, it's a small shop but packed with lots of telescopes, mounts and many many binoculars...

The staff was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. One thing that I really liked is that they do not push you into buying something.

I asked a few questions about the HEQ5 pro, and also about dobs and other scopes.

They have a 16" truss dob.... it's rather tall.

I tried to lift a Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX Flextube goto, it's heavy, too heavy to move in one go up and down two floors...

And I'm definitely going to buy my HEQ5 pro from Astronomia in early 2012.

I would highly recommend them :p

Someone I know got a 98mm WO refractor from them, he found them good to deal with. I've found other astronomy retail outlets to be very good too, no hard sell, just helpful advice -- Telescope House and Greenwich at Cambridge spring to mind.

It's nice to be able to visit a retailer and see goods in the flesh, so if Astronomia are nearby and you like them, that's great.

Regards, Ed.

Archived