The missing link

I wish to buy a tripod.I look at the tripod specs.The most important of these is the min and max height of the tripod.This never gets a mention.All the other attributes are mentioned but what good are they if you cannot see through the eyepiece in the first place.I find this strange omission a bit like not including the focal length of a scope.

Photographic tripods usually do show the max and min heights. Do you mean an astro mount / tripod ?, in which case, I agree that it's quite hard to find that information out.

If you let us know what ones you are thinking of I'm sure someone will supply some more information though.

The internet is a great thing.

There exists these things called "search engines"

If a person were to enter "skywatcher telescopes" they get an entry for skywatcher.com

On this entry is a list of the products that skywatcher produce.

In that list is a section called Mounts and Tripods.

In that are details of the Mounts that Skywatcher produce, take for example the EQ5.

In the EQ5 details Skywatcher give the range of heights that the EQ5 has.

Also has details on the EQ3-2, HEQ5, EQ6.

Archived