Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepieces for a 150 Dob

Firstly I must say that this is a great site for new users as there is loads of helpful information. Just a small piece of advice please. I have decided to get a 12mm BST ep to go with the 10 and 25mm that came with the scope, to complement these I was thinking of a Panaview 2" 32mm, which seems to come highly recommended for other dobs, (usually over 150). Would appreciate opinions as to whether this would also be recommended for my smaller dob.

Would like to use this for DSO etc.

Thanks once again for all the helpful advice.

Yes - the 2" eyepiece format can offer much wider field of view (up to 82 degrees in the 32mm focal length) than 1.25" equivalents. Thats their principle benefit. They are bulkier and heavier of course which can cause balance problems with dobs but the Panaview 32mm is not to bad in this respect. I have a Tele Vue Nagler 31mm which gives an 82 degree field of view but weighs 1 kg / 2.2 llbs !.

Archived