Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first Orion Nebula image -

Rocksnipem

I know, its not the best clarity and your not able to see it well - but I was super excited and impressed to pull it off with as little knowledge and experience I have in astrophotography.

I was able to see it better messing around with different "In Camera Filters" settings. On incandesent setting, It appeared very bluish but I was only able to do 1" (1second) exposure because anything over that was causing star trails and I have yet to figure out how to properly track with my Celestron Nextstar 4SE

Thanks for looking, appreciate all comments!

:D:hello2::):hello2:

post-29265-133877709706_thumb.jpg

post-29265-133877709712_thumb.jpg

It's a good feeling isn't it :D

Getting good polar alignment is key. The Celestron Nextstar 4SE is an alt-az mount which is inherently at a disadvantage of moving both axis to track. It's still possible - another option for alt-az is using a webcam with a bright object such as a planet. Then stack using registax etc. Nothing stopping you from getting additional 1 second images and then stacking them to bring out more detail.

Thats right! I plan on going crazy tonite and stacking. Probably spend hour or two taking photos and then I will use Registax when I get home to stack and align them.

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate the feedback/suggestion.

Its an awesome feeling btw, everytime I see something new I have not seen yet I am jaw dropped. I plan on getting a better scope one day when I dig out of the financial problem my family is in. Bad times for everyone, thank god I have my outlets :D

Cheers!

Archived