NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which Combination Would Be Best?

My current eyepieces and 'scopes are in my sig. I'm in need of some lower magnification eyepieces (something around 16mm and something around 25mm) for use with my 10" Dob.

I've narrowed it down to two options and I'm not sure which route to take. One is buy a Meade 5000 Series SWA 28mm eyepiece and a Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm eyepiece. The other is to just buy a Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm eyepiece and use a 2x Barlow to get a 14mm eyepiece.

Which option would be best, as they both add up to about the same price?

For what its worth, the 28mm Nirvana is an excellent eyepiece. I agree with John that combined with a barlow it wouldn't be the best way to achieve a 14mm fl eyepiece but as a stand alone low power wide fov eyepiece it is excellent. I replaced a 35mm Panoptic with the William Optics UWAN 28mm (identical to the Nirvana). As far as i was concerned it outperformed the Panoptic in every way, other than maybe looks!

Archived