Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SCT Correctors (ASA, Starizona, TS)

There are some relatively new SCT corrector-reducers on the market from ASA, TS and Starizona

Astrosysteme Austria

http://starizona.com/acb/Starizona-SCT-Corrector-P3230C0.aspx

2' Korrektor und Reducer 0,8x für Schmidt Cassegrains

All claim to reduce SCT coma and field curvature significantly, even for current APS size sensors. Is anyone using one of these correctors .... do the results live up to the claims?

Adrian

• 2 months later...

Rather than start another thread i'll just add to this one. Has anyone tried one of the above correctors yet?

I'm interested in the Starizona SCT Corrector mainly. I have an old C11 that i wouldn't mind using for imaging smaller galaxies ect.. but as it is it's not good enough with horrid stars not far from the center.

Note that they reduce the f-ratio less than f/6.3 standard reducer/corrector. It's easier to produce big corrected field when the reduction is smaller, so yes - they may (or they do) give better field for an APS-C sensor.

The only issue is resolution. C11 at f/8-7,5 will still have big focal length and DSLR or other camera with small pixels will just give to big resolution (binning or big pixel camera required)

Note that they reduce the f-ratio less than f/6.3 standard reducer/corrector. It's easier to produce big corrected field when the reduction is smaller, so yes - they may (or they do) give better field for an APS-C sensor.

The only issue is resolution. C11 at f/8-7,5 will still have big focal length and DSLR or other camera with small pixels will just give to big resolution (binning or big pixel camera required)

I've taken shots at 2800mm FL with the 1000d that i am very happy with apart from the coma. The pixel size dosn't bother me, i'm not getting that picky.

Archived