Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC 800 Corrector plate Marks on Inside

How bad are they ?...I reckon there may be a tendency to be over fussy when there are marks on scope optics...

I guess with me its because I used to work with lasers optics when any marks would lead to problems...

Theres plenty of info out there on removing the corrector plate , cleaning and re-assembly and collimating the scope again afterwards...

If you decide to go ahead then baader wonder fluid and their microfibre cloth as well as a rocket blower are the weapons of choice

For collimation I like to use the Metaguide software with a webcam

Peter...

If the atmosphere's humid then it'll be humid in the scope unless you take measures to prevent this. You can buy eyepiece-sized containers to hold silica gel and leave this in the scope. You could even do this: How to dehumidify a Telescope - Article

I'd be wary of cleaning unless you can a problem visually or unless it seems to be getting worse.

I'm with Peter. Look through your optics, not at them. It really does take quite a lot of muck to have a perceptible effect on the view but cleanig can be risky. I cleaned an SCT inside and out only after about ten years of hard use. It had no effect!

Olly

Archived