Philips web cam problem's

Recently got my new scope along with a philips spc880/900 web cam. ive downloaded the drivers from the website but the cam still not working & O/S XP is not recognising the cam either.

Can anyone throw any light on the possible cause for this?

Cheers guys

Where did u get the camera from? I'm assuming it is an SPC880 but has it been flashed to the SPC900 spec? If your trying to use the SPC900 drivers on an unflashed SPC880 that might cause a problem. Sorry if you have checked all this

yeah its the spc880, flashed spc900, i got with the sw 150p last week. i think its a software problem, ive tried to dowmload the drivers etc from the philips website but when i un-zip the files it say theres a problem with it.

yeah its the spc880, flashed spc900, i got with the sw 150p last week. i think its a software problem, ive tried to dowmload the drivers etc from the philips website but when i un-zip the files it say theres a problem with it.

hi there just to check

SPC900NC/00 Philips Webcam SPC900NC VGA CCD with Pixel Plus - Philips Support

this is where a downloaded mine from about 13 months ago try here

Yep I got mine from the same place as Todd. Make sure when you clik driver download link you "save" the file to your pc and not "open" it and then when it has downloaded unzip it. Not sure why but this does sometimes make a difference

thats the same place ive been trying all day lol

http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/s/spc900nc_00/spc900nc_00_dxp_eng.zip

when i un zip this file it stops, open's a small window and in it after all the my docs\my recieved\spc900NC_ 00_dxp_eng.zip: the archive is either damaged or unknown format....

computor say "No".. basically...

Ive just tried it and got exactly the same message

C:\Documents and Settings\BASSETS\Desktop\spc900nc_00_dxp_eng.zip: Unexpected end of archive

I dont know computers well enough to know what that is im afraid but it does seem to be the software. Later this evening ill see if I still have the driver download on my laptop and I could try and send them to you

Ive just downloaded the driver from here and installed it on the work pc. Unfortunatly I have no camera here to test it fully, seems to be ok though. If you want to give it a try go for it. Obviously I cant give any garuntees

Philips SPC900NC/00 drivers

Dont forget to select window xp and make sure you clik the correct download button.

Alternativley if you want me to still look for the one at home let me know

Hi Steve,

What can i say? Your a "*STAR*" that works fine...

Thanks for taking time out there and finding that, A MA ZING!!!!

For everyone reading this NOVA, he da man....

Cheers Steve

Archived