Andromeda

Robd

Andromeda 10 images with dark subtraction. Stacked and initial processing in ImageSxm (Mac ) then final tweak in Photoshop.

Pentax *ist D + Pentax 135mm lens. Taken 21 Nov 2006 ISO 800, F2.8, 10off, 3mins each exposure

image.jpg

I have tried using larger lenses - up to 500mm but none give such a good result as this 135mm. Partially my fault - to much drift due to poor set up. But I also find that most of my zoom lenses tend to flare the stars so they all look like crowns or Addidas logo. But this lens hits the mark.

Edited to re-instate image

Steve,

The lens is the 135A f2.8. Bought 2nd hand from LCE for something like £20 - £30 about 3 years ago.

It's a really nice lens for the wider field. I also have a Pentax M 200mm F4 but it is nowhere near as good as the 135. I also have a Tamron 500mm Mirror lens ( f8) which is pretty good but at f8 very difficult to focus - infinity is short of the stop.

Looking at the images taken with various lenses so far I thing I will probably be sticking with the 135, the 500 and prime focus.

Uless of course I can find a nice cheap Pentax 300mm F4 :police:

Rob

Archived