Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pec training on a Heq5 Pro

Kai

Never had a go, but read a bit about it, so if I get it wrong please don't shout too loudly. :police:

In the menu get to the PEC training bit and get ready with the buttons. I would draw a diagram of which does what or you might mess it up.

You will need to look down a guiding eyepiece or use a webcam with a cross hair on the screen.

When you start training, you need to keep the target centred by using the handset buttons until the training is complete. I believe the mount beeps at you when its finished.

As for what is gained by it, the mount remembers the button presses and replays them during tracking at the correct time so that the target stays centred just as if you were manaully guiding, except that it does it automagically. After you have trained the mount, you need to select siderial plus PEC as the tracking speed.

When you have done the PEC training you must always park the mount before turning the power off or it will forget where it is and the PEC corrections will be out of sync. The correctionsw will be issued at the wrong time so tracking will then be worse than without PEC.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Archived