NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First deep sky(Orion nebula)

Notts star

I would use a higher ISO say 1600 and back off to around 200mm to make the trailing less apparent. Thats what I used to do anyway. Also make sure the focus is spot on focus on the moon or a bright star

Hope that helps :)

I think the focus looks like it was quite a way off. Take some test frames and tweak focus between them until it's right (the stars are as small as possible) or, as suggested, focus on the moon first.

At 300mm fl and with no tracking you'll be pushing it to even get 10 second exposures without star trailing.

Ben

Without tracking your ISO is way to low and you exposure time way too high.

For 300mm you'll need ISO1600 and exposure time of no more the 2.5 secs. That's even pushing it a bit on the star trails.

If you pull back to 200mm you'll still need ISO1600 but you can push exposure time to 3-4sec. Can even do 5 sec but you will get pretty big pill shaped stars.

And ya need to focus better. Don't use auto focus and try using the moon to focus on until you get the hang of what the stars should look like in focus.

Best of luck to ya!

Archived