Tips for LX90 accessories

Hello everyone,

I'm realitively new to the hobby and have just treated myself to my first scope to compliment my bins.

I've managed to get a used non-gps Meade LX90 but unfortunately it didnt come with any accessories, so I was wondering if anybody could advise me on a few useful eyepieces, filters ands other gibbons to make it more rewarding.

I'd like to give imaging a go, so I think an imager will be on the list but I was wondering whether the Meade DSI was the best bet, or if there is a better non-Meade alternative ?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to SGL Treeman.

Get a 6.3 Focal reducer to compliment the dsi camera.

Use the two together to take shortish exposures that can be stacked to improve the quality. You can image the moon and planets at the scopes f10, or add quality x2 Barlow lens which will increase the image size of those targets.

Those two items will set you back around £100, so be careful, imaging can turn very expensive if the bug bites you.

Plenty of help if you need it, just ask away.

Good Luck:icon_salut:.

Ron.

All very useful, thanks !!

It came with a skywatchers 10 and 25, so I was wondering if the celestron ep kit which includes filters would be a good first upgrade?....or is it worth getting I dividual lenses and filters of better quality?...maybe even biting the bullet and going up to 2"

Archived