Swings and roundabouts

Bigwings

After a year and a bit retired and getting bored I have taken a security job. The site is part lit up like a Christmas tree and other patroled bits are dark dark dark. The SE8 has rarely seen the light of night for about a year but the binos live with me.

Wild life abounds, foxes , deer, owls and a Heron I meet most nights before he rises like a grey ghost into the night sky, Photography of nightlife with the challenge of night flash at 300-500mm telephoto seems more practical than setting my Canon 1000d up on the SE8.

THE DILEMMA.

D0 I sell my astro kit to fund the photography....or do I just keep it for the odd night when Im at home and it aint rainin.....

No decisions yet. Binos well used SE8 Lookin like a nice bit of furniture in the conservatory.

Clear Skies

Mike

THE DILEMMA.

D0 I sell my astro kit to fund the photography....or do I just keep it for the odd night when Im at home and it aint rainin.....

No decisions yet. Binos well used SE8 Lookin like a nice bit of furniture in the conservatory.

Clear Skies

Mike

And expensive furniture. If you can, keep the 8SE and get a different job where you are out during the day.

Keep the scope, one day you will give up the security job, then perhaps a return to astronomy will be an enjoyable and possible pastime again.

A camera isn't all that expensive, go look in a couple of camera shops they often have used ones at a reasonable price. You do not after all need to newest and most up to date model, and if you did get the newest then in 6 months time it would be an old model.

You could be "odd" and get a film camera if you can get a couple of suitable lens. Saw a very nice Canon A1 body the other day at £85.

Archived