Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Sky Sync GPS Problem

I set up my Celestron Sky Sync GPS tonight with my Celestron CG-5 gt Mount for the first time and I do not think its compatable with this mount as I plugged it in to one of the ports on this mount which was the DEC PORT but when I selected UTILITIES on the Nexstar Handset and came to the option of GPS ON/OFF I pressed ENTER and said NO GPS found but I noticed as well the RED light on the GPS unit a dim RED color so not sure if it was plugged in the right port as the only other ports were for the Nexstar Handset on this mount and the one on the bottom of the Nexstar Handset which the Celestron Sky Sync did not fit at all so where is is the right piort for this mount and what am I doing wrong. I am using a Skywatcher 7AH Powertank and as I say while plugged in the DEC port on the CG-5 GT mount the RED light was very dim on the GPS unit but I did try plugging the unit also in to the Autoguide with no luck. Does anyone have this set up who may know the answer. Many Thanks:icon_scratch::)

The DEC port is for the DEC motor and is definitely the wrong port. You need an AUX port. The connections are totally different, hope you haven't damaged anything.

The AS-GT doesn't have an aux port but there is a port extender that provides one. It is (or was) available from celestron and there's a circuit diagram for it on the Celectron AS Yahoo group.

Chris

Archived