2" star diagonal

Hi Manners,

If the rear of your Sw127 has an sct adapter not SW then you can fit an sct threaded 2" diagonal. There are adapters for sale to do this here ;-

Skywatcher Maksutov to SCT Adaptor | Telescope Accessories | Rother Valley Optics

Have you an over riding urge to move up to 2". The diag along with ep will add quite a lot of weight to the rear of the scope. You will however be able to use wider field of view ep's in the longer focal lengths.

Cheers

You will probably need a Skywatcher Mak to SCT convertor and a SCT fit Diagonal.

Do you have any 2 inch eyepieces or planing to get some? i would check that they will work with the scope first, im not clued up on that though.

Hi Manners,

Earl_Uk is correct the thread at the rear of the Skywatcher is a proprietary thread, you need the converter to screw on and then that presents a standard sct thread to put the diagonal on. The link I posted above is the one you need.

Cheers

This is a thread of interest to me........

I bought a Skywatcher Mak 127 from RVO this last March and was suprised when I discovered it came with a 2" diagonal already fitted!! it had a 1.25 adapter for the supplied eyepieces.

Seeing this thread I tried to track down the diagonal holder in the hope of being able to help "Manners". The holder is basically a tube with a "floating" ring which attaches directly to the back of the MAK and into which the diagonal slides it is held in place with two chrome thumbscrews. The "floating" ring can easily be loosened to allow the diagonal to be moved to a more comfortable position.

I have tried for some time tonight to track down this holder without success. I am beginning to wonder if my MAK has an usual thread on the back - the diameter of the thread body is 2.5" - would this in fact be an SCT thread? Has there perhaps been a change in telescope specification?

Any thoughts?

Archived