Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

LX200 & Bino Viewers

Robd

My wife, Sue, is a visual astronomer and is considering a pair of Bino viewers to ease her viewing, especially when sketching planets and the moon.

We are currently considering the William Optics set from FLO but have not ruled out others ( TS, Baader and Revelation ). They would be used on a 10” LX200 with 6.3 reducer. Having done some research we are getting mixed views as to whether focus can be achieved with this combination ie LX200 with 6.3 focal reducer.

We appreciate that the reducer could be removed but with arthritic hands not a simple task.

Budget is limited since I need a field flattener and Santa cannot afford to go mad on either.

Have any of you had experience with these bino viewers ( or others) with the f6.3 LX200?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Hello Rob,

i am not sure on binoviewers but i couldnt get some 2" eyepeices to focus in my LX90 10" sct due to not enough focus travel, the focal point was further in than the eyepiece, i think this would be the same problem with binoviewers as they need more outward focus than most eyepieces. the ota's are similer but not identical i think in the 90 and 200.

Hi Robd,

I have the 10"LX 200 and have not had any issues using the meade f6.3 focal reducer and 2" ep's. The Lx200 has plenty of focus travel so should not be any problems. If you have problems with the binoviewer its a simple return to where they were bought!.

Cheers

Damian

Archived