Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000

Black Knight

My first attempt at this target. It's not framed as I would have liked, and despite only gentle stretching seems to be very noisy. Perhaps I just need more data. Much more data :icon_confused:. I'll probably have another go at it later. Anyway ... :rolleyes:

300 secs x 17, ISO 800, modded Canon 500D, Skywatcher LP filter, and coma corrector

12 x darks

20 x bias

15 x flats

As always any comments or suggestions gratefully received ;).

post-19904-133877699441_thumb.jpg

That is looking pretty nice to me... although the wall is falling off the bottom, the bright star top left sort of adds to the composition... and you still have a nice mix of the dark nebulosity at the bottom with hardly any stars and the star filled bright area at the top... also quite like the colours... it's so easy for the NAN to look bright red.... this is way more subtle and interesting.

I wouldn't have expected too much noise out of an hour and a half of 5 min subs? You probably do just need a load more data though... three hours total should do it... if you get another chance this year :-)

I too am busy chasing all the things in Cygnus I didn't get to image earlier in the year before I got my guiding working :-)

Ben

I wouldn't have expected too much noise out of an hour and a half of 5 min subs? You probably do just need a load more data though... three hours total should do it... if you get another chance this year :-)

Ben

I'll deffo try and get more data if I can. I think I'd just have to accept that the framing for this one is not completely as I'd like, and grab more data as is. It would be different if imaging time wasn't such a scarce resource. In that case I think I'd scrap it and start again. But the way the weather is, I may not get another chance at NAN until next year.

Archived