Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DMK - how much improvement over DBK ?

StarlightKnight

I have a DBK21(with the older chip)which I am very pleased with for planetary imaging but I really want to push the limits on my ISS shots and wonder if I would notice much of an improvement if I got a DMK21 with either the old chip or the the new chip.

Would I be able to use a faster shutter speed and/ or lower gain and gamma to get the same level of illumination on the histogram?

Are individual frames from either of the DMKs much sharper & less noisy than the DBK.

If someone has or has had these cameras can they please post some raw frames of any subject for comparison ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Don

The new one with ICX618 will be much more sensitive than the old ones. Also vs color sensors - it will be better when no filter is used (pixel reacts to all wavelengths) and with more narrow filters (like infrared limiting seeing effect) all pixels will also respond to it.

So if you want to upgrade go with DMK21AU618 - the new one.

Archived