Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Double Cluster

Tommy B

I tried to post this earlier but it seemed to vanish into thin air...maybe one of those mini black holes that pass through us stole it :)

Anyway, had a little bit of clear sky yesterday and thought I'd go for something a little easier than my last few targets due to the time constraints.

The Double Cluster near Cassiopeia.

22 x 80s

20 darks

no flats

Equinox 80ED and Canon 1000D

Its no fancy nebula but when I got it through DSS and photoshop I endeared to it straight away.

On a side note i'd be interested to hear how dark the sky looks to people here. I have the brightness turned down on my monitor to go easy on my eyes but Im worried the image might look too bright to others as a result:confused:

post-23860-133877697548_thumb.jpg

Beautiful... lovely star colours!

The sky does look a little bit blueish grey to me... I always overlay a block of (what I know is) solid process black in Photoshop when trying to get the background black... helps as a yardstick for where true black is.

It's not far off though. Nice pic!

Ben

Archived