NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at M42

Steve Wright

I Couldn't resist the clear skies tonight and even though it was time to bed I opened up the dome and set the scope on the orion nebula to see what I could achieve, took several different length exposures but finally settled on 30 sec subs and managed about 20 before I decided to close up and view the results, I'm quite pleased with the result so far, Deep Sky Stacker is taking to long to stack the 20 images but thought I would share a single image before heading up the wooden hill.

You might be able to make out two of what I think were satellites at the bottom of the shot, as they passed across the FOV in sucessive shots so I don't think they were meteors.

post-17213-133877696818_thumb.jpg

Very stunning image of the Orion nebula. Like you, I couldn't resist going outside on Friday when the sky finally opened up around midnight. My husband was so surprised that I took out the telescope instead of heading to bed!

I had a great time and also found another nebula closed to Orion's belt.

Clear skies Steve,

Isabelle

Archived