Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick-n-dirty ngc891 & IC1805 thro fog

fwm891

Couple of very dirty images from last nights foggy skies...

Canon 450D modified, UHC-S filter and MN190.

These were to try-out the MN190 as its been cloudy almost from the day I got it weeks ago...

processing through Lightroom and PS CS3

Files were exported as 16 bit tiff's from LR as B&W and colour versions then added together in PS as luminace and colour layers.

ngc891 is 4 x 4 min subs at 800 iso

IC1805 is 8 x 4 min subs at 800 iso

post-27414-13387769571_thumb.jpg

post-27414-133877695718_thumb.jpg

These are great for so few subs!!!

Lots of dust bunnies and stuff... if you didn't, I'd take flats and darks for these and throw them in because those have the makings of pretty darn good pics. The 891 pic is especially nice considering it's a fairly feint galaxy and I've seen shots using an hour or more data that didn't look as good!

Pretty cool.

Ben

Thanks for the comments.

There were no flats, darks or bias frames shot. All I wanted to do was get some light through the telescope to check it out.

The shadow at the top of the frame is from my OAG which I'd placed too low into the light beam - once the new ones finished I should loose that problem.

Conditions were far (very far) from ideal last night so quite pleased. May take some flats etc and see were it goes.

Must clean the 450D by the looks of all the dust bunnies!

Archived