Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Parallelogram Mount Advice needed..

1stfishinspace

Hi to All!

I'm well aware that there is a wealth of info upon DIY parallelogram binocular mounts etc, so can anyone please assist me/point me in the right direction to build such a device for my 25x100's (about 4.6KGS)?

I'm trying to do it on a reasonably sensible budget although I would rather get decent materials (wood preferred)which will last a lifetime etc.

I welcome your advice!;)

As it happens I am in the process of building such a mount, I plan to have some 25x100 in the future but have up to 15x70 at present, the design is based on that of Orion Telescope and Binoculars as it appears in their cat, I shall for my unit though be using 1" square alloy tube and 6mm/8mm alloy plate, stainless bolts and brass bushes, the revolving base is at present under construction and consists of a 5" dia 6mm alloy tube and 6 x 1" dia roller races 8mm bore. I should for you have a look at the Cloudy Nights forum where there has been some interesting constructions in timber ;)

John.

Archived