Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Great Night Tonight

Startracker197

Started off the night looking at Venus before it disapeared and it looked like the clouds were gonna cover the entire sky and the night was over.... but I saw a gap near Jupiter and decided to view it a little.... not long after that I looked up and noticed that the clouds had dissapated and the sky was clear... Giving the glory for that to God..... so I decided to stay out..... I was out there for five hours.

I view Jupiter which looked great tonight... used my new moon filter and it actually got me detail in the lower mags though the higher mags dont get as much light I guess so I went back to lower..... After that I took a gander at Capella.... Then I found what stellaranium says is a cluster looking thing of Nebulas.... and that was real nice.... went back to Capella and saw a meteor flash by... looked back at jupiter only to be greeted by another meteor.... and then of course thought I saw one behind Jupiter.... but I already posted that..... Went back to that Nebula Cluster and stared for the longest time.... finished it off with the moon through my Moon filter and observed a few craters and some mountain range. Overall my first real night of telescoping....

Archived