Mount help

The tube rings fit the scope, there should be a dovetail bar on the rings that attach it to the mount.

That dovetail will be the one for the mount you have. However you can fit another dovetail in it's place.

I think that there are a couple of "standard" dovetail sizes (note the "I THINK"). So for another mount you may need to change dovetails. But the SW one is pretty standard.

Simple idea is to have a look at the retailers sites and see what options you can buy. That will give an idea of the number around, really think it is just a couple.

The other option would be to leave the dovetail on your scope/rings and screw another dovetail to this one if you need to for another mount.

The two "standard" dovetails that I am familiar with are the "Vixen" and the "Losmondy". The Vixen is the smaller one. However, I have seen some adapters ( in fact, I own one ) that fit a different size dovetail, and I am not familiar with what that one might be. It seems that the keyway is somewhat between the sizes for the two common ones.

Yes, you should be able to get rings and by using the proper bolts, fasten them to a dovetail that will fit your mount. And changing to the other common size should not be all that difficult! Good luck!

Jim S.

Archived