Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Equipment (Merlin AZ Goto Mount)

ChristianM

Hi all, just received my Merliz AZ Goto Mount to go with my Heritage 130P, will update this as I go to let people know how they work together.

One thing to note is that the mount doesn't come with a mains supply as standard and needs to be powered with either a 12Volt 1Amp Power supply or 8 X AA batteries so beware!

As it looks cloudy as hell tonight I doubt I'll be able to try it but so far they seem to work great together. Just need to watch for putting the scope at just the right place so the collimation screws don't rub against the base of the mount and also not too far up that it doesn't go off balance and drops forward!

The tracking speeds look excellent so far, looks like it can track extremely finely. Putting the two together though was a breeze. The mount also has a spirit level which is very handy.

All I can say for now without getting the chance to actually look at anything yet, will report!

• 1 year later...

Archived