NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

after a rather dull m31...

mindburner

I was out last night and had a look at Jupiter and the moon. All superb through the 300p GOTO flextube. It was brass-monkey weather and my 1yr old needed some attention so didn't get long observing. Quickly tried m31 Andromeda. It was well a bit disappointing, granted it's a fair bit away:). I though I would see more than I did with a 12inch, especially after m42 the night before which was great.

So I decided to order a Samsung 4000 video CCTV cam and C adaptor. I already have a nice 9 inch Sony CRT pro monitor/ laptop with capture stick.

I will try without removing the inbuilt IR filter to start. May need a focal reducer too. The flip up mirror concept looks good too. So much to learn

I hopefully will get some good results with this. Although I know tracking with the Dob mount may be an issue, although it's a GOTO. I am sure there will be some questions once the kit arives, so apologies in advance:)

Archived