WO 80FD Next steps.....

So im REALLY enjoying using my new scope, it was bought with the full intention of getting into imaging.

I think im getting cold feet, its the budget thing. I know im gona have to spend lots to get anywhere near the quality of photos I will want.

I need some encouragement I think, or advice or something....!!!!!

Andy

The HEQ5 would be a great choice but unfortunately, it doesn't stop there! I got into imaging the 'slow' way and that worked quite well as my equipment improved as my 'expertise' grew and I had time to save up as each stage was reached.

The start point is without doubt the mount. A DSLR camera will be a great start but you will almost certainly want a cooled CCD camera but I got some great pleasure from my unmodified DSLR. After the mount (and I chose well at the start by getting an EQ6), autoguiding transformed the quality of my images.

If you can't wait and progress slowly as I did, you will need a 'deep purse' to get a chance of instant gratification but then you won't have developed the necessary skills and money is not the only ingredient by any means.

Would I do anything different if I was starting out again? Yes, I'd get a short tube refractor instead of my meaty 250mm Newtonian and I'd get autoguiding as soon as possible but I got it right with the hefty mount! You have the refractor, you have already identified the 'right' mount so you are heading in the right direction.

i bought the megrez 72fd for the same intention as u andymac79, but i actually enjoy using this scope for viewing alot more to the point i use my camera and lens's for my image takin and use it just for viewing! iv got as u can see alot bigger scopes, but this is my fav one as everything is more crisper! have you given it ago

Archived