Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

opticstar PL131C issues!

BRENDAN

Hi, In March this year I purchased an opticstar PL-131C colour planetary/auto guider camera and currently having issues get this to work properly on my new HP Pavilion g6-1195 laptop. It worked fine on my old Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro which must be over 6 years old. The issues are that download frame rate is extremely slow when I select an higher resolution such as 1280 x1024 at 22fps, the camera is practically non responsive, however it works fine at a resolution of 320 x 240 at 220fps. Also the opticstar view software supplied seems to react olddly in that in the capture pane window appears to be missing icons and functionality. I have tried and tried, reintalled, contacted opticstar and still no improvement.

If anybody has anything to add to this it would be most appriciated.

Brendan

I guess it could be a compatibility or driver issue. I presume your old laptop ran XP or Vista, and your new one runs some flavour of W7? If you right click the icon for the camera software and choose the properties/compatibility tab, try selecting the compatibility mode for your previous operating system. You can also try the other options.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. You are correct in saying it is Windows version 7. I have tried the compatibility mode and selected the one for the previous laptop and still no joy! Also tried all the others. Interestingly I can use my Canon 1000D camera through the laptop via MovRec software and this streams nicely at about 25fps with high resolution and has proved great on the moon and Jupiter. However, the opticstar does not via AMCAP. I may be forced to abandon the opticstar camera and see if any others on the market behave better.

Regards

Brendan

Archived