Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Processing and debayering Jupiter....and max. DBK gain

Hello, I'm a beginner and have many questions, but I'll post three here which I hope someone might be able to answere ;)

I captured Jupiter (Mak150 and DBK21-618 in Y800) and processed it with debayering in Firecapture (Adaptive smooth hue) or debayering in R5. I dont know what the effects of the difference in Debayering are or what the effects of another processing run in R5 are (with possibly different settings). However when zooming in at 500% after processing I noticed some sort of matrix. Ofcourse zooming in such a small image will result in distortions, but I was also wondering if somebody recognizes these as debayering matrix and if there are settings in registax that can resolve this ( like "feather", a filter or some other setting during allignment etc.......)?

Is it useful at all to record without debayering when using framerates of 30 fps ? Maybe in that case it's best to let the camera do the debayering ?

I'm also curious about at what gain settings the DBK21-618 would start to produce noise which might be a problem after processing ? I try to keep it below 700 now, but if much higher settings are feasible than I might use those in combinations with very fast exposures like 1/200 to "freeze" the seeing and vibrations a bit ? (I tried once and results were bad but the result of that one experiment could have been due to my first use of a Barlow, focussing or bad seeing etc.......)

Thanks for reading all this :)

post-24724-133877687806_thumb.jpg

Archived