NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 2nd try

Ringrocket

Hi all.

After my first promising Jupiter I found it hard to get the same amount of detail again.....

Here is another processing of the same avi but now I used Debayering adaptive smooth hue in Firecapture debayering tool.

The first thing that was obvious already in the avi's after debayering was that the moons came out much more pronounced than in registax or virtualdub (in the avi frames). After registax processing the following result was very pleasing.

However, I'm not sure if the differences in this picture are related to the debayering or processing in R5. I could hardly reproduce exactly the same results on the same avi although I thought I had mostly used default settings in registax ;) I guess 1 experiment is too little to draw any conclusions......

The Big one is from the next day (my second try) using a 2.5 Barlow.... It looked better than before during capture, but the results are less good than the preview suggested. But I'm not experienced at all so what do I know :)

post-24724-133877687801_thumb.jpg

post-24724-133877687822_thumb.jpg

Hello,

for a non - experienced person these photos are really good. I have to admit the picture on the left is more detailed but that may be due to the right picture being zoomed in a bit more. You obviously know what you are doing. I'm not experienced at all but these are good photos. Well done

Thanks !

But I'm not experienced at all and mostly don't know what's going on with what I'm doing :) It took a while before I actually set out to image since I don't have a car or garden and live in a city, but suddenly the position of Jupiter was good to capture from my kitchen roof just over the roof of the neighbours houses. Far from ideal I've heard. Explains my choice for the Maksutov and planets as well....But I'm just following all the advice I read on this fantastic forum and the tutorial from Kokatha man as well as a Dutch How-to.....

Still I feel rather helpless because mostly I don't know yet what solutions will solve/influence which problems.

I'm very happy sofar. It's exciting that nothing ever comes out the same although it can be frustrating at times I guess ;)

BTW I used the MAK-150 for imaging

Jeffrey

Archived