Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Different Witches Broom - NGC6960

Darth Takahashi

This a a different type of Witches Broom, in fact I might have invented or rediscovered a new image processing technique all of my own???

Matt (Squid) once told me that if there was a difficult way to do something, I'd find it and do it...

Well here it is...

### Part 1 ###

R+70Ha, G+70%OII, B and Ha(Lum) all combined as LRGB

Then 50%Ha + 50%OII = New simulated Hb (Blue) all combined with LRGB where Ha is used once more as a Lum channel.

Then mix it all together in Photoshop!!! which is even more complicated, in fact the final image can go two ways, two completely different colour pallets...

I have used PI for all the processing except the final steps where I use Photoshop. For now I have simply used Photoshops Smart Sharpen tool but I will probably go back to this later with PI deconvolution tools to pull out more detail.

Anyway this is my first image with the OIII filter and I'm very pleased that the ST10 is still very sensitive with this filter in place.

### Part 2 ###

The second image is the more traditional pallet Ha + OIII + Simulated Hb (50%ha + 50%OIII) etc...

The main difference here is that I have applied deconvolution to sharpen them and finally ran a very slight noise reduction across the image...

As usual I hope you like it.

post-15658-133877686516_thumb.jpg

post-15658-133877686527_thumb.jpg

### Part 3 ###

R + 70%Ha, G+ 70%OIII, B+70% Hb(Simulated) L = Ha.

I think the star colour is better in this one and it has a more ethereal look to it... It now only a matter of time before a blend two of them together...!!!:icon_salut:

Don't worry, as soon as I get an SII filter I'll start knocking out the normal Hubble pallet stuff.

post-15658-133877686938_thumb.jpg

The final verdict from the wife who is the final authority...:icon_salut:

Its great having 6 filters in your filter wheel, so many choices to make regarding the blending of the caputured images!!!

One more filter to go!!! be nice to the wife and I might get it for Christmas... the filter I mean.:D

post-15658-133877686969_thumb.jpg

Archived