Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What a faff !

rawhead

Just tried to get the dust bunnies off the ccd on my DMK21. I was only able to image in the top right hand corner as the little blighter's had infected the rest of the field of view.

I applied the 90% alcohol with a cotton wool bud. Dried it carefully, popped it in the scope for a look.... Hundreds of em! :)

I was making it considerably worse. I had another 10+ tries. No better. Getting a bit 'annoyed' now :)

Change of tack. Thought I'd use a small one of these: First Light Optics - Celestron Lens Pen

Thank goodness. Dozens turned to two or three. Another 5 or 6 cleans eventually got it completely clear. :D

Does it have to be this tricky? :icon_salut:

Cheers

Glad you got it sorted in he end..

You can get smaller "cleaners" that use the same technology and are "triangular" which makes them very handy for getting into those pesky corners...

Looks like they do one that pivots as well now...

http://www.fotosense.co.uk/lenspen-sensor-klear-angled-sk1a.html

If it's really bad I prefer to use pec pads and eklipse fluid...

I forgot to add use a rocket blower to remove as much lose debris as possible before using either the "dry" pen or "wet" pads...

Peter...

Archived