Celestron XLT120

Hi Fizzpup,

A really nice scope, I don't know of people who image with it though as it is achromatic and not that 'fast', and you would need a rock solid mount as it is a long scope. As for ep's you haven't really told us enough, are you using 2" eps or 1.25"?? There is a great article in the sticky's in the ep section on the lounge.

Mid to low price are the BST Explorer ep's c£35 ea, mid range the much loved Hyperions c£100ea (have both and they are great BST's are vgood value). So well worth looking at the buy & sell section.

I have two fracs a long 127mm and a short tube 120

Cheers

I had one of these a while back and with the standard mount and a 24mm eyepiece I took these shots of the moon.

they have been cropped and converted to monochrome but not bad. never tried anything else.

I used to enjoy various eyepieces but at the cheaper end the 33mm William Optics SWAN was very nice for a wide field and I found about 8mm best for planets with a little more usable on the moon.

I sold it in the end as I bought a 6" f11 newtonian which was far better generally and had no chromatic aberration which was only really bothersome in truth on Jupiter.

It's a good scope but perhaps 1) expensive new and 2) not suited to imaging and 3) can be bettered much more cheaply for visual.

Double stars were always very nice.

post-17776-133877683691_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877683698_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877683706_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877683713_thumb.jpg

post-17776-133877683719_thumb.jpg

Hi Shane,

Hope to have the 10"lx with me next time along with a couple of large fracs, all added up still do not have the light grabbing power of the 'cannon'. Hope you have warmed up since then though I guess next time admission by JD! (brandy for me!).

A pleasure to meet you.

Archived