Meade, GSO or Celestron

I have 3 Vixen EP's (2 of which are from the NPL range). They really are great EP's considering the price. The views are sharp right to the edge (as far as my eyes can tell) and they give great contrast between celestial objects and the background of the night sky.

Certainly an EP to consider. They are within the same price range as the EP's you mentioned but the difference is 10 fold.

Just my humble opinion. I also have an Omni EP and it is pretty good i have to say. A bit more expensive...............but not as good as the Vixens.

If plossl then the GSO's get good reports. Think GSO make Meade plossl's. No idea who makes the Celestron ones.

Alternatives are the BST Explorers from Sky's the Limit at £41. Which from experience of them are better. Don't have the 15mm yet, all the others I have are very good. One day I may get back the ones I lent a friend. So it seems they like them as well.

"Problem" is that you have Plossl's, BST's and TMB II's to choose from all about the same cost ~£40. There others as well so the choice is extensive.

If sticking to the options listed the GSO's make most sense.

Archived