NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellerium autotrak mount control?

CowFish

Good morning all

I have a question that may have been asked before but having used the search function I am unable to find an answer so I will just ask.

is it possible to control a Sky-Watcher Autotrak Alt Az mount with Stellerium?

I have found the following setting with stellerium

Stellerium.bmp

Now to my limited knowledge the Synscan and Autotrak Alt Az mounts are the same but use a different hand set's. So in my mind with the correct cable it should work (but then again in my mind I tend to over simplify things).

Buggar I was hoping that it would'nt involve taking the mount apart.

I have seen the ursa minor bluetooth dongle the 365 sell but with the price of the dongle and the software to run it it's getting close to the price of a synscan controller.

There is no need to take the mount apart and there are cheaper alternatives to the Ursa Minor bluetooth controller. You can buy the necessary ttl - rs232 interface from Tronisoft and a bluetooth - rs232 for less than half the cost and control the mount from Stellarium. I think it may also be possible to use a FDTI cable instead of a ttl-rs232 interface.

Peter

Archived