NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My list of object's

OXO

Setup the astro 3 mount did a very rough polar alignment i was too keen to get a look at the skie knowing it wouldnt last.....

Viewed these object's..

M31-Unimpressed tonight 40mm,35mm,20mm PAP!

M63- WOW 20mm ep contrast booster

M13- WOW 20mm ep contrast booster

Persues double cluster - WOW 25mm then 18mm fantastic again, looking forward to darker night's for this one of my fav's

NGC7000- not so good tonight, 40m ep

M81 M82- wow I used the fringe killer filter and contrast booster filter and a 20mm ep

Also walked to local park, sat down taking in the milky way before clouds appeard.Excellent

James out! 8)

Sounds really nice James. Especially the park bit looking at the Milkyway.

M31 is a bit low still, might explain why it didn't impress.

Sounds like the ST102 is performing as expected though. What about the Astro 3?

Regards

Russ

The Astro 3 mount is works esp well with the 102ST a breeze in fact well chuffed with the setup a as whole:)

As you say M31 isnt best placed at the moment althogh i did getexcellent views the other night.

James

A very nice image James & interesting report (wondered why you weren't on the forum around midnight, last night!).

Was the park you visited the same one as that piccy you posted yesterday? If so, the atmosphere must have been perfect for soaking up the milky way. :)

Hi Sleepy,

Yeah i was with the scope last night at 11.45 to i cant remember...

Yes the park in the piccy is were i was, if you look at the pic there's a walk bridge i sat close to that on a bench. The atomsphere was great as it always is there during the day or Night. Sometimes get Bats flying over my head add's to the event really :twisted:

James

Archived