Imaging SPC900

Does anyone know what is the best size barlow for imaging planets with a SPC900. I have a x2 and was thinking of getting a Revelation Astro 5x Barlow Lens but read seeing conditions make it unuseable at times.

I have a Skywatcher 200p and have just started using an SPC900 with the 2x Barlow that came with the 200p. Still early days for me but I did get this the other day which I'm happy with :)

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/160022-jupiter-spc900.html

I guess I would need a bit more magnification for smaller planets like Mars etc.

I've heard the Tal 3x is good and I think I can use the 2x and 3x together to make a 5ish x one.

I have a Skywatcher 200p and have just started using an SPC900 with the 2x Barlow that came with the 200p. Still early days for me but I did get this the other day which I'm happy with :)

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-planetary/160022-jupiter-spc900.html

I guess I would need a bit more magnification for smaller planets like Mars etc.

I've heard the Tal 3x is good and I think I can use the 2x and 3x together to make a 5ish x one.

Just remember that when you put Barlow's together then you multiply eg. 2x and a 3x is the same as a 6x. I remember seeing it somewhere :)

you ideally want to be aiming for around an f20-f30 focal ratio. As your 200p is f5 you would need a 4x barlow just to get to f20 but focusing will get harder the higher you go, you will also need very good seeing. I was in the market for a 5x as my scope is f5 also but going on advice form the forum I will be settling for a 3x TAL to start with and may upgrade to 5x in the future. To be honest I will porbably look at a higher f ratio refractor eventually

Archived