Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

G H Services

astro mick

Hi.

As i long time user of Refactors,especially long focal length tubes,i often suffer a very painful neck,especially when observing at the Zenith.I looked on the internet to see if anyone made Pier Extensions,especially one to fit my CG4 mount.I could only locate one item,and it was very expensive,and it also looked very heavy.I placed a Thread on this site for any help regarding this.A fellow member contacted me,and offered to make me one.This chap was Graham,the guy that started this post.

We both thought the CG4 was similar to the EQ5 that Graham had.So he produced some exerllent drawings which he sent to me complete with all dimensions.A quick check against my mount soon discovered one or two differences.I made a note of the differencies and emailed off to Graham.

One or two emails later he had all the info he needed to produce the Extension.The Extension arrived,and has made a great difference to my viewing comfort.Also being made of Aluminium,the whole mount can be carried out,without breaking my back.

Viewing the Zenith on Saturday night was a pleasure,and all done from a sitting down position.

The Pier extension,is of exerllent quality,and can also reccomend it for Reflectors as well,as the tube has less chance of contacting the Tripod.Another advantage,is that the Tripod legs do not need extending,so therefore more rigidity also exists there.

I have included a couple more photo,s of my new set-up.

I am not touting for Business for Graham,but for anyone who is struggling with log Refractors,and Newtonians,i have placed this add in the Suppliers Reviews section along with his Business email.

Regards.

Contact Graham at. " information@g-h-services.co.uk

post-17080-133877679946_thumb.jpg

post-17080-133877679959_thumb.jpg

post-17080-133877679968_thumb.jpg

Archived