Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrotrac Polarscope for EQ1

Astroegg

Does anybody know if the Astrotrac Polarscope (and arm) can be fitted to the Skywatcher EQ1 mount? I have seen How to install a Polarscope on an EQ1 Mount but I was hoping I could just clip the astrotrac arm onto the EQ1 mount somehow then slot in the polarscope and be happily aligned without too much fuss?

Much appreciated if anybody knows a way of doing this. (or a better way?)

I don't think you can install it, I have the EQ1 table mount and thought about it.

Just ordered an Orion mini 50mm guide scope from scsastro which I will fix to the EQ1 mount and use my SPC web cam and the EQALIGN software.

Thanks for the info Gonzo. I am impressed with the EQAlign project, I've not seen it before. It could be ideal, but I think the setup will rapidly grow in size if I need a laptop too. Perhaps there is some similar phone app that could be used? I'll not give up entirely on the polarscope option just yet though...

• 1 year later...

Archived