Help with Skywatcher telescope

Hi

Just wondering if someone could offer a bit of advice and help.

Whilst setting up my telescope this afternoon i used a pilon as a reference point for setting up the finderscope. I know that images will be upside down in the main eyepiece due to not having an erecting prism but could someone shed some light as to why the image of the pilon was at a 45 degree angle.

Is this normal or do i have a problem with my telescope?

Many thanks :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

It's just down to the position of the scope, secondary mirror, and focuser tube, relative to the way it's mounted. If it was in tube rings you could turn the scope round to put the image at the bottom - but then the focuser would be in an awkward to view position.

So long as the pylon tip is dead center of the finder (on the cross hairs) and dead center of the view in the eyepiece, then it will be aligned. Use the highest power eyepiece that will come to focus and you'll get the best accuracy. :)

Archived