Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Bubble Nebula (NGC 7635) and M52

TakMan

Taken over 28/30th September, and as I thought when posting my NGC6914 effort, it was hardly worth the bother!

So, a quick one hour process on some decidedly dodgy data as I didn't think it deserved more.... although I probably will have another go later and try to be a little bit more subtle.... ;)

At least I have a reference file for when the weather improves...

Cropped down about 15-20% due to some ropey alignment across the two nights - note to oneself, a bit more care needed next time out :rolleyes:

Details:

RGB One Shot Colour

23x 600sec light exposures

Flats(+ Flat Darks), Darks processed

Tak FSQ106-ED @ native - 530mm/f.5

SBIG ST-4000XCM - OSC self guiding @ -13c

Tak EM400 mount (on a scopebuggy)

Control via 17" G4 Apple Powerbook running MicroProjects Equinox 6 (mount control) and Image (camera control/image acquisition).

ONE HOUR PROCESS:

Pre-processed, aligned and stacked in Nebulosity2.

Post Processing in PhotoShop CS5 + Russell Crowman's GradientXT + Noel's Actions

NGC 7635, also called the Bubble Nebula, Sharpless 162, or Caldwell 11, is a H II region emission nebula in the constellation Cassiopeia. It lies close to the direction of the open cluster Messier 52. The "bubble" is created by the stellar wind from a massive hot, 8.7 magnitude young central star, the 15 ± 5 M SAO 20575 (BD+60 2522). The nebula is near a giant molecular cloud which contains the expansion of the bubble nebula while itself being excited by the hot central star, causing it to glow.

Messier 52 (also known as NGC 7654) is an open cluster in the Cassiopeia constellation. It was discovered by Charles Messier in 1774. M52 can be seen from Earth with binoculars.

Due to interstellar absorption of light, the distance to M52 is uncertain, with estimates ranging between 3,000 and 7,000 light years. One study identified 193 probable members of the cluster, with the brightest member being magnitude 11.

Messier 52 is evaluated at about 35 million years old.

(Taken from Wikipedia)

Thanks for looking,

Damian

post-16760-13387767717_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys!

Not a patch on yours Ollie (in fact slightly embarrassing really - I've tried a second re-process and still it looks too saturated with the reds of the bubble not the pinky/orange of yours/everyone else's)...

I think I can see the 'dark smear' you're on about.... just thought it was the conditions/lack of data etc - if only I could get your 19 hours worth!

Not at all, this is lovely. I was shooting with twice the focal length so it's not the same picture.

I adust reds using Ps Image-Adustments-Selective Colour and find that pushing the reds over to the Cyan oftens pulls out more Ha emission as well as altering the colour.

Olly

Archived