Anyone own a Skywatcher Explorer 150pl / 150p...

Hi

Try one of the London-based astro groups (I'm thinking of the Baker Street Irregular Astronomers) so that you can attend an observing session, talk to members, and try scopes including the model you're interested in. The BSIA can be found via the Widescreen Centre webiste, click on the link from the homepage.

Other than that just read reviews and talk to astro suppliers and SGL members. Also check out the SGL society pages as there might be a user group for the 150 models. HTH!

Great information, I was looking at Astro Babys post the other day on how large scopes are, people purchashing them but not able to lift, use, store them. And as Im 8 stone and 4 ft 11" was wondering if Im gonna have trouble with the equipment I want to purchase: Skywatcher 150pl and EQ5 :rolleyes:

The scope you want shouldn't be a problem as you can set the tripod / mount up to suit the height of the observer. The scope tube itself shouldn't weigh that much and is possibly more bulky than heavy to move around although I've never used one so other SGL members would have to fact you on that one.

Hi MissClio,

I can't comment on the EQ5 as I mount my 150P on an EQ3-2. As for the scope it's not at all difficult or heavy to move/use and has given me a lot of enjoyment since buying it earlier in the year.

Hope you get as much pleasure as I do from your scope.

Archived