SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Vixen Super Polaris 102m

... my prized Vixen ED103swt is a fantastic performer, and well worth the price of admission. And if one of these beauties comes up - snap it up!....

Is that the one with the ED doublet objective lens ?.

If so, I think my Vixen ED102SS is it's predecessor. The ED102SS is an ED doublet with a focal ratio of F/6.5. It was marketed for a few years from around 1999. There was a gap of a couple of years before Vixen bought out it's successor which I think is the ED103SWT. Looking at photos of the later one the focuser and objective lens cell are the same as my ED102SS, it's just the colour scheme and the tube (and focal) length that are different.

You really don't see many of either of these around or for sale which probably means that their owners are rather happy with them :icon_salut:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep the very same I think they upgraded the focusser on the 103swt, but could be wrong, its a cracking scope. I'm certain the ED102SS is a most worthy ancestor. Either will give a Tak or Televue a run for its money.

Archived