SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Recommend me a sky atlas!

Thanks umadog for your help. yes you are right. After re-reading my post I noticed that I put that Orion is Circumpolar. Doh. Don't know what I was thinking. Oh well. Thanks also for your other info. I thought that some of the info in the book related to the height (in degrees) in the sky of an object, but obviously everything is constantly changing in the sky as the earth rotates and the stars and planets move across the sky. Think I need to go back to basics a little and re-read some of my books. It is a rather difficult concept to get your head around, but once you have grasped it then should be a piece of cake hopefully.

Thanks again

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my pocket atlas too. pleased with it. experimenting with a permanent marker and a little transparent plastic as telrad overlays. ( although havnt actually got one yet) i think santa's bringing mine. ;-)

rory-albums-bits-bobs-picture14088-s6301610.html

Archived