Flip mirror question

Hey guys, been having a bit of trouble getting good focus through the viewfinder on my 350D when taking photos. A lot of trial and error....Thought I'd give a flip mirror a go. Orion 1.25" Flip Mirror.

I have read that flip mirrors are for "CCD" photography. Can't seem to find anything about DSLR's and flip mirrors? I assume that I can thread my DSLR to one end of this flip mirror and have no problems? What do you guys think?

No worries. I made a Hatmman Mask, and it works pretty well, but the target star is very tiny through the veiwfinder, and I cant get it perfect. Would a Bahtinov mask be more accurate?

No worries. I made a Hatmman Mask, and it works pretty well, but the target star is very tiny through the veiwfinder, and I cant get it perfect. Would a Bahtinov mask be more accurate?

Ahhh....

Just realised the 350D does not have live view.

Makes life harder to get perfect focus,when looking through the view finder.

Found this site if it can help:

Focusing Methods

The Canon Magnifier / Right Angle Finder looks the business.

Wayne

Thanks, yeah I was looking into the right angle finder/magnifier. I might try taking shots with the Hartmman mask, then zooming in on the computer, trial and error. Is there an easier way, or is there a device which lets you combine a DSLR and eyepiece?

Are there any huge advantages of a CCD camera over a DSLR, image wise?

Archived